The museum is based within the Duxford Imperial War Museum complex, inside the Land Warfare Hall. The collection covers the history of The Royal Anglian Regiment since the amalgamations of the former County Regiments of East Anglia and the East Midlands, 1958-1960. The several amalgamations which preceded today’s regiment date back to 1685 and are well illustrated in a detailed family tree. Exhibits include uniforms, weapons, badges and displays dedicated to particular operations on which The Regiment has been deployed.
Please note that admission charges include access to the whole of the Imperial War Museum Duxford. Different admission prices apply for Air Shows and some special events. See the Duxford website for details of current charges and changes to opening hours.
The Royal Anglian Regiment, 1st East Anglian Regiment (Royal Norfolk and Suffolk), 2nd East Anglian Regiment (Duchess of Gloucester’s Own; Royal Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire), 3rd East Anglian Regiment (16th/44thFoot).
Tel 01223 497298Email The Museum
By road, leave M11 at J10 or take A505 Royston- Newmarket road. There is a scheduled bus service from Cambridge city centre and railway station, and a daily express coach service from London.