National Rail strikes were called for the day of our Conference in October. As a result our Trustees decided, with great regret, to postpone the AMOT Conference.
Traditionally, AMOT has gathered the army museums network together to discuss best practice, trends and current or new initiatives in the archive sector and in the business of running Regimental Museums. We achieve this principally by enabling a discussion around the Network, so we have decided a virtual event will not deliver the main aim of the day and hence, postponing rather than going virtual.
We will bring news as soon as possible with all the details of the new event.
See details below of our planned Programme of Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors.
Army Museums: Into the Future
Date: New date to be confirmed
Location: Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BB
Holt’s Military Banking
Dellner Glass Solutions
John Morgan Hire Co
- Army Museums Ogilby Trust (AMOT) – Chairman, Maj Gen (Rtd) M L Riddell-Webster CBE DSO
- National Army Museums Update – Julian Farrance, Head of Regimental Museums Liaison
- Army Heritage Update – Jeremy Fowler, Head of Army Heritage Branch
- Redisplaying the Suffolk Regimental Collection – Claire Wallace, Curator
- The Army Engagement Team – Lt-Col Tom Waldron-Lynch, Engagement Branch
- Move Towards Resiliency: The Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum – Col Nick Lock and Valerie Peacock
- Addressing Empire at the National Museum of the Royal Navy – Clare Hunt and Hannah Bradbury-Crowther
- Horniman Museum: Future Museum Approaches – Nick Merriman, CEO
Network member: £35 per person
Non-network member: £50 per person
Costs include refreshments throughout the day and lunch.
For all Conference information and exhibitor enquiries contact Clarinda Snowball on 07801 833043 or email: [email protected]