4th Battalion East Yorkshire Regiment Collection

Wilberforce House Museum, 23-25 High St, Hull HU1 1NQ

“The Hull Rifles” were first raised in 1859 as the 1st Yorkshire East Riding R.V.C. in Hull and became the Volunteer Battalion of the Regiment in 1881. On the formation of the Territorial Force in 1908 they became the 4th Battalion. They were embodied for overseas service on 4th August 1914 and by 15th July 1918 had been reduced to Cadre.


Verified Listing

Any questions for AMOT?

Other than queries direct to this museum, ask us about the network of 140 Regimental and Corp Museums

Contact AMOT here