Wilberforce House Museum

About This Museum

On the ground floor of Wilberforce House Museum is a room devoted to the East Yorkshire Regiment which explores its history until its amalgamation with the West Yorkshire Regiment, to form the new regiment the Prince of Wales’ Own Regiment of Yorkshire in 1958. The East Yorkshire Regiment collection that is held in store consists of documents and materials relating to the generic history of the regiment, but does not contain personal histories of individual soldiers. The archive collection is in store but can be viewed by appointment.