The Museum is based within Dover Castle. It is the official museum for both the Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment ‘Tigers’ and The Queen’s Regiment and traces the history of the Regiment, direct successor of twelve forebear regiments through four and a quarter centuries of service to the Crown. Starting in 1572 with the deployment of a Tudor company to support the Dutch in their war against the Spanish and the raising of a regiment in 1661 to garrison the North African Port of Tangier, which earned the first ever awarded battle honour ‘Tangier 1662-80’ a series of displays, interactive videos and recordings takes the visitor right up to the Regiment’s most recent operations in support of the UN and NATO in Iraq and Afghanistan.
For details of Castle entry times and admission charges click here or contact English Heritage Dover Castle at Tel 01304 211067
Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment (Queen’s and Royal Hampshires), Queen’s Regiment, 1st Battalion Queen’s Regiment (Queen’s Surrey), 2nd Battalion Queen’s Regiment (Queen’s Own Buffs), 3rd Battalion Queen’s Regiment (Royal Sussex), 4th Battalion Queen’s Regiment (Middlesex).
Access by car, minibus or taxi from town centre.
Car Parking, Restaurant/Cafe, Lecture Room, Disabled Access, Toilets, Shop, Education Service
Dover Castle, Castle Hill Road, Dover CT16 1HU