The museum houses the largest military collection in the North West. It covers the history of the County’s three infantry regiments from the raising of Lord Castleton’s Regiment of Foot in 1689 through the several amalgamations that have resulted in the creation of the current Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment. Objects related to the County’s Militia, Rifle Volunteers, Territorial Army, Home Guard and Cadet Units are also on display. The collection, archive and library hold extensive historical material including uniform, badges, medals, weapons and equipment as well as photographs, film and sound, ceramics and fine and decorative art.
The regimental collection also has permanent displays at the Museum of Lancashire in Preston, Blackburn Museum, Towneley Hall in Burnley and Warrington Museum.
The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment, The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment, The East Lancashire Regiment: 30th and 59th Foot, The South Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Volunteers): 40th and 82nd Foot, The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire): 47th and 81st Foot, The Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Volunteers).
Fulwood Barracks remains an active military establishment. Please note that adult visitors will be asked to produce positive personal identification, such as a UK photo-ID driving licence.
Northeast of town centre on B6245. Pubs & cafes nearby.
Car Parking, Lecture Room, Disabled Access, Toilets, Shop, Education Service
Fulwood Barracks, Watling Street Road, Fulwood, Preston PR2 8AA
10:00 AM - 04:00 PM