The museum is located within Berwick Barracks and covers the history of the KOSB and Royal Regiment of Scotland from 1689 to date. It includes displays of uniforms, badges, medals, weapons and relics from the various campaigns in which it has been involved. Tableaux and dioramas dramatically bring to life the Regiment’s battles and aspects of the soldier’s profession.
The Regiment has an unrivalled collection of documents and pictures relating to over 3 centuries of regimental history. Access to the archives may be arranged by prior appointment; please contact the Museum for details.
Free admission for members of English Heritage and serving members of the Armed Forces. Free or reduced price for members of Historic Scotland and CADW. Berwick Barracks is an English Heritage site. The admission charge provides access to the Regimental Museum, the exhibition “By Beat of Drum”, Berwick Town Museum and Art Gallery, and the Gymnasium Gallery of contemporary art.
King’s Own Scottish Borderers, King’s Own Borderers, 25th (or King’s Own Borderers) Regiment of Foot, 25th (or the Sussex) Regiment of Foot, 25th (Edinburgh) Regiment of Foot, Earl of Leven’s Regiment of Foot (The Edinburgh Regiment).
On the Parade, near the town centre off Church Street.
Car Parking, Restaurant/Cafe, Toilets, Shop
Berwick-upon-Tweed, UK TD15 1DG
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM