The museum covers the history of the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers from its raising in 1674 up to and including its more recent post 1968 history as part of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. Housed on three floors of a tower in historic Alnwick Castle, the collection tells the story of this famous regiment by reference to the lives of its soldiers, their families and the communities from which they came. The Regimental archive and library may be viewed by appointment.
Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, Royal Northumberland Fusiliers, Northumberland Fusiliers, 5th Regiment of Foot (Northumberland Fusiliers), 5th (or the Northumberland) Regiment of Foot, 5th Regiment of Foot, Lord O’Brien’s Regiment (or the Irish Regiment).
Along old A1, or bus to town Market Place, then a short walk.
Not suitable for mobility scooters.
Car Parking, Restaurant/Cafe, Toilets, Shop
Alnwick, UK NE66 1NG
11:00 AM - 05:00 PM