The collection is on two sites, and family history and other researchers are recommended to contact Nigel Lutt first at email@example.com or if urgent on mobile 0750 4015313 for advice. The response will be prompt (within one to three days) with the exception of holidays, which will not be notified in advance, and which will result in a delay of a week or two at most.
The Regimental Museum is staffed entirely by volunteers, who attend 10-12 noon every Wednesday morning. The following services are free: research advice and quick ‘look-ups’ from reference material. Reproduction fees may apply if images from the Regimental collection are published for commercial purposes.
The Regimental Collection is on two sites, as follows:
(1) The Regimental Gallery within Wardown Park Museum, Luton is devoted to the history of the County Regiment and its predecessors. The displays comprise uniforms, medals, militaria, pictures and silver. There is little research material on site.
(2) Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service, Bedford, holds the Regimental Collection of archives and photographs (ref: X550) as well as other material for the military researcher and the family and local historian. There is no material on display, but items can be produced for consultation.
1688-1751: Archibald Douglas’s Regiment of Foot; 1751-1881: 16th Regiment of Foot; 1881-1919: The Bedfordshire Regiment; 1919-1958: The Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Regiment.
One mile north of town centre.
Nearest pay-and-display is approx 200 yards away.
Car Parking, Restaurant/Cafe, Disabled Access, Toilets, Shop
London, UK LU2 7HA
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM