The museum traces the history of the three regiments from which the Royal Highland Fusiliers are descended. Starting in 1678 the story carries through to the Regiment today. The collection is shown chronologically on two floors of interlinked galleries illustrating the many campaigns in which the Regiment has served with displays of weapons, uniforms, medals, music and regimental trophies and memorabilia. There is a good mix of artefacts, pictures, text and video screens. The regimental archive and library are held in the same building and may be viewed by appointment. The building is of interest to those aware of Scottish design; the external facade and many of the interior details remain intact and reflect the style and influence of Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
Royal Highland Fusiliers (Princess Margaret’s Own Glasgow & Ayrshire Regiment), Royal Scots Fusiliers, 21st (Royal Scots Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot, 21st Regiment of Foot (or Royal North British Fuzileers), Royal Regiment of North British Fuzileers, North British Fuzileers, The Earl of Mar’s Regiment of Foot, Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment), 71st (Highland Light Infantry), 71st (Highland) Regiment of Foot (Light Infantry), 71st (Glasgow Highland) Regiment of Foot (Light Infantry), 71st (Glasgow Highland) Regiment of Foot, 71st (Highland) Regiment of Foot, 73rd (Highland) Regiment of Foot MacLeod’s Highlanders, 74th (Hi of Foot, 74th Regiment of Foot, 74th (Highland) Regiment of Foot The Assaye Regimen Light Infantry).