Facilities

Coach Parking
Car Parking
Restaurant/Cafe
Toilets
Lecture Room
Shop
Disabled Access
Education service

Opening Times

1 April to 16 November


Daily 10am - 5pm

Check with museum for current times.

CLOSED during the winter.

Admission

Adult: £4.50
Child: £2.50
Concession (seniors): £3.25
Family: £12.00
Groups: discounts available
Schools: £1.50 per child

About the museum

The collection is housed in the Redoubt Fortress is one of only three surviving Napoleonic Redoubts in the UK, which tells over 200 years of history and the stories of the people who lived here. This circular Napoleonic fort is one of the best preserved in the country. Built between 1804-10 at a time when Napoleon was threatening to invade England it forms, along with 74 Martello towers, a string of coastal defences stretching from Folkestone to Seaford.

The collection of the County regiment of Sussex covering its history from the raising of its antecedent regiments in 1701 under the 3rd Earl of Donegall, to its amalgamation into The Queen’s Regiment in 1966. Collection highlights include a display of rare headdress badges, impressive collections of uniforms and medals as well as a German Staff car captured in the desert in 1943. Alongside the collections of The Queen’s Royal Irish Hussars and the Sussex Combined Services it forms the largest military museum in the south. There is free entrance to the Gun Platform, Parade Ground, Outpost cafe and Shop. Prices for events will differ from the normal admission charges shown.

Regiments

Royal Sussex Regiment, 35th (Royal Sussex) Regiment, 35th (or The Sussex) Regiment of Foot, 35th (or The Dorsetshire) Regiment of Foot, 35th Regiment of Foot, Earl of Donegal’s Regiment of Foot – The Belfast Regiment, 107th Bengal Infantry Regiment, 3rd (Bengal Light Infantry) Regiment, 3rd (Bengal European Light Infantry) Regiment (Honourable East India Company).

Address

Royal Parade, Eastbourne, BN22 7AQ

Tel 01323 410300

Web
www.eastbournemuseums.co.uk

Visiting Advice

On the seafront ½ mile east of the pier. 20 mins walk from the station or buses 1, 2, 3, 9, 22 from the town centre stop nearby on Seaside Road.
Car parking can be found adjacent to the museum.
Due to the historical nature of the building, access to the museum and parade ground is via stairs from Royal Parade or the promenade. Please contact the museum for assistance.