The Loughborough Carillon is first and foremost a war memorial to the fallen in two world wars, but it is also a museum with artifacts, documents and items that recall the events of those wars as they relate to Loughborough people. The Leicestershire Yeomanry Collection is displayed on the first floor of this museum which otherwise contains objects from a number of British and Allied WW2 units of all three Services. The Yeomanry was first raised in 1794 and the words “Prince Albert’s Own” were added in 1844, in honour of the then Prince Consort, husband to Queen Victoria. The regiment saw action in the First World War and the drum also bears a list of the Yeomanry’s battle honours which include Ypres, Frezenberg and Amiens, among others.
Postal inquiries should be addressed to the Chairman of the Trust, Mr Peter Crooks, c/o John Storer House, Wards End, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 2HA.
Tel 01509 231667Email The Museum
The Carillon tower is located in the middle of Queen's Park, which is near to the centre of Loughborough and within walking distance of many buses.
Disabled parking & drop off point, but stairs to most areas.