Facilities

Coach Parking
Car Parking
Restaurant/Cafe
Toilets
Lecture Room
Shop
Disabled Access
Education service

Opening Times

Daily

Easter to October : 11am - 5pm.

Admission

Castle entry charge.

About the Museum

The museum covers the history of the Royal Northumberland Fusiliers from its raising in 1674 up to and including its more recent post 1968 history as part of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. Housed on three floors of a tower in historic Alnwick Castle, the collection tells the story of this famous regiment by reference to the lives of its soldiers, their families and the communities from which they came. The Regimental archive and library may be viewed by appointment.

Regiments

Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, Royal Northumberland Fusiliers, Northumberland Fusiliers, 5th Regiment of Foot (Northumberland Fusiliers), 5th (or the Northumberland) Regiment of Foot, 5th Regiment of Foot, Lord O’Brien’s Regiment (or the Irish Regiment).

Address

The Abbot's Tower, Alnwick Castle, Alnwick, NE66 1NG

Tel 01665 602152

Web
www.northumberlandfusiliers.org.uk

Visiting Advice

Along old A1, or bus to town Market Place, then a short walk.
Archives available.
Not suitable for mobility scooters.