The museum and regimental archive are housed in a listed Militia building built in 1859. From the raising of the regiment in 1702 and the capture of Gibraltar in 1704, the museum covers the history of the County Regiment of Cornwall until its amalgamation in 1959. More recent displays relate to its successor regiments, The Light Infantry and The Rifles. Exhibits include weapons, medals, insignia, uniforms, pictures and George Washington’s Bible, captured by the 46th Foot in 1777.
Somerset and Cornwall Light Infantry, 32nd (Cornwall) Light Infantry, 32nd (or the Cornwall) Regiment of Foot, Colonel Fox’s Regiment of Marines, 46th (South Devonshire) Regiment of Foot, Colonel Price’s Regiment of Foot.
Tel 01208 72810Email The Museum
The Museum is located in Castle Canyke Road in Bodmin (the postcode for Satnav purpose is PL31 1EG). The Museum is located just a few yards from the Bodmin and Wenford Railway. Follow the brown signs.