Building Resilience Showcase
February 7 @ 9:15 am - 5:00 pmFree
Click Here to book your free place
Building Resilience Showcase:
Helping to develop future resilience and sustainability within army museums in the UK
Utility Aid, UA, are delighted to be the Headline Sponsor for this year’s Building Resilience Showcase in Manchester. UA work with over 2200 Third Sector organisations procuring and managing their Electricity, Gas and Water accounts. With collective purchasing products UA can reduce costs for your commercial energy.
“Our desire to support Army Museums is twofold. The first is that we recognise the educational value that museums hold for our younger generation and the second is that protecting important historical information will help ignite memories for young and old alike. The social value of these venues is of immense importance to communities throughout the UK.”
Visit UA by Clicking Here
Army Museums Ogilby Trust (AMOT) is building on its successful Festival in October by holding a Building Resilience Showcase in 2018. Our showcase will provide delegates with an opportunity to:
- get updates from our Army Museums into the Future programme
- get involved with a specialist panel debate on ‘How our organisations and sectors can become more resilient’ with key professionals from leading funding, investment, and support agencies, and
- access one to one information via our Resilience not Reliance Hot Desks clinics as well our practical Resilience workshops.
AMOT recognises the need to support Charity and Museum venues wherever possible, and with this in mind we are thrilled that our showcase will take place at the fabulous National Football Museum in Manchester city centre. We are so excited about this venue, which will offer us access to multiple rooms across four open-plan floors, where delegates will be able to see first-hand how the public engages with and enjoys the museum, its collections and exhibits. This exciting venue will make for an inspirational, immersive event not to be missed, so be prepared to get involved with a totally unique showcase, unlike anything we have ever held before (NB: this is a working museum and some exhibits are interactive with background music and sound effects).
What will our showcase offer you:
This showcase represents a brand new event from AMOT providing an opportunity for individuals and organisations from the wider cultural, heritage, arts, charity, social enterprise, and business sectors to attend, and participate in our day within a working museum. It will provide updates on all our Army Museums into the Future project strands, including:
- supporting best practice in Governance
- building localised & thematic networks
- economies of scale research
- better understanding collections
- developing Army Archives
- supporting Volunteers in Archives
- providing best practice advice and guidance
- establishing better methods of communication.
The Showcase will also include:
- opportunity to engage with industry leaders on our Building Resilience panel debate
- access to our Resilience not Reliance Hot Desk clinics
- practical and interactive Resilience workshops where attendees can get practical hands-on advice and guidance on key areas impacting their museum’s future resilience.
|9.15 – 9.50||Registration, refreshments and exhibition|
|10.00 – 11.00||Welcome, introducing writer and broadcaster Ian McMillan, our compere for the morning sessions
Project Updates :
Governance / Economies of Scale
Volunteering and army museums
Regional Networks, events and training, case studies
|11.10 – 11.40||Refreshment break, exhibition and networking|
|11.50 – 13.00||‘Building Resilience Across Sectors ‘ – Panel Discussion / Audience Q&A (hosted by Ian McMillan and Jo Boardman)
Members of the panel will represent the following organisations:
|13.00-13.20||Poem by Ian McMillan, written especially for the Showcase|
|13.30 – 14.20||Lunch, exhibition and networking|
|14.30 – 16.00||Delegates may choose 1 or more from the following sessions:
Extended RnR Hot Desk Clinics (sign up on the day) including:
Workshops – each will run twice (sign up on the day)
Guided Tours of the Museum – two tours, every 45 mins (sign up on the day)
|16.00 – 16.30||Refreshment break, networking and exhibition|
|16.30 – 17.00||Showcase summary and AMOT Next steps / Q&A / Evaluation|
To contact us for more information or queries about the event, please email event organiser Ali Glew at email@example.com.