AMOT is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director, to be based in Salisbury. Please download the Assistant Director job specification for more details.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by Friday 13th July.
Interviews will take place the week commencing 23rd July.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the Trust Director with the administration of the Trust.
• To manage day-to-day contact with regimental museums and other enquirers, triaging incoming phone calls and emails and answering routine enquiries, signposting callers to relevant advice and support, and keeping the Director up to date during his absences from the office.
• To liaise closely with the external agency to manage the communication with members, including ensuring the website is kept up to date, and work with others to provide resources and publications through the website.
• To support the administration of annual conference, manage bookings, logistics and speakers.
• To monitor the expenditure of the trust: processing, recording and reporting payments of grants; and, to support the preparation of management accounts and the annual audits,
• To support the Director with the preparation of quarterly board and sub-committee reports, and with the budgeting process.
• To administer the grants programme. To ensure that the decisions of the grants the committee are communicated swiftly; that funds are dispersed efficiently, and evaluation is collated and provided to the board for review.
• To ensure that the trust’s data is held and used according to the GDPR protocols, and consent to communicate and hold data is maintained at all times.
• To deputise for the Director at events and conferences, as required.
• Probably educated to degree level, with substantial administrative experience, preferably in the context of a small charity or grant-making foundation.
• Excellent IT skills, the ability to make presentations, create spreadsheets and prepare papers to a high standard.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to engage with enquirers in a positive way.
• Numerate and able to manage and account for small budgets.
• Project and event management experience/training an advantage.
• Well organised, flexible and proactive, with a can-do attitude and responsive to customer needs.
Hours – standard full-time office hours, Monday to Friday
Salary will be discussed with interview applicants.
Submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the
application deadline – Friday 13th July.