The Army Museums Ogilby Trust is the only national organisation that represents the regimental and corps museums of the British Army. It is lean, efficient and its Charitable Objectives enable its Trustees to undertake almost any activity that will benefit the museums within this community.
The Trust's principal activities are the provision of advocacy, advice and funding in the following ways:
- We represent the individual and collective views of regimental and corps museums in dealings with the Ministry of Defence, Local Authorities and other Government Departments and their Agencies.
- We participate in the development of Ministry of Defence policy towards museums to ensure that the interests and concerns of museum trustees are properly represented.
- We track developments in policy and best practice and relay that information to regimental and corps museums through regular conferences, newsletters, strategy papers and visits.
- We provide legal and specialist advice and assistance with the constitution, structure and registration of existing and projected museums, including the creation of new trusts to embrace the collections of several pre-existing museums.
- We arrange suitable training for the staff and governing bodies of regimental and corps museums.
- We provide grants to fund a wide range of projects and activities undertaken by regimental and corps museums.
- In conjunction with other agencies we secure for the trustees of regimental and corps museums the best available advice on such professional matters as the protection, conservation, preservation and presentation of their collections and the operation and further development of their museums.
- We provide this website, approved by the Ministry of Defence, as the definitive internet guide to regimental and corps museums.