How to get here:
City centre location near railway stations, bus services and car parks.
This new museum opened in March 2010. The collection covers the history of services of the 41st and 69th Regiments of Foot from 1719 until 1969 when The Welch Regiment amalgamated with others to form The Royal Regiment of Wales and in 2006 became The Royal Welsh. The 41st Foot was originally formed of Out Pensioners from the Royal Hospital Chelsea and titled Sir Edmund Fielding's Regiment of Invalids. In 1787 the title Invalids was abandoned and the 41st became a marching Regiment of The Line. In 1881 it was joined by the 69th Regiment of Foot and became The Welch Regiment. The joint exhibition also includes the regimental collection of 1st the Queens Dragoon Guards. This reflects the long history of Wales's only regular cavalry regiment, 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards which began its formal existence on January 1st 1959, this being the day when the 1st King's Dragoon Guards was amalgamated with the 2nd Dragoon Guards, better known as the Queen's Bays. Admission charges are included in Castle entry fees: Castle Premium Tours: Adult £13.50 Child £10.00 Senior £11-50 Castle Essential Tours: Adult £10.50 Child £7.95 Senior £9.00
The Royal Welsh, Royal Regiment of Wales, The Welch Regiment (41st/69th Foot), 41st (The Welsh) Regiment of Foot, 41st Regiment of Foot or Invalids, 41st (Royal Invalids) Regiment, Colonel Fielding's Regiment of Foot, 69th (South Lincolnshire) Regiment of Foot. 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, 1st King's Dragoon Guards, 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen's Bays), 2nd (Queen's) Dragoon Guards, 2nd or Queen's Regiment of Dragoons, 1st of King's Regiment o Guards, Queen's or 2nd Regiment of Horse, Queen's Own Royal Regiment of Horse, Princess of Wales's Own Royal Regiment of Horse, King's Regiment of Horse, 2nd Horse, 3rd Regiment of Horse (Peterborough's), Queen's Regiment of