Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum

How to get here:
Near town centre, at the junction of Church Street and Jury Street. See website for details.

The Museum will re-open on 9 August 2014 following a major refurbishment. The Museum covers the history of the Warwickshire Yeomanry from 1794 to 1956 with a collection of uniforms, weapons, medals and memorabilia.

The Warwickshire Yeomanry together with the Queen's Own Worcestershire Hussars (Worcestershire Yeomanry) took part in the Affair of Huj on 8th November 1917 - the last classic unsupported Cavalry Charge of the Great War in Palestine immortalised by Lady Butler's painting which is on display in the Museum. One of the 75mm Krupps Guns captured that day is also displayed in the Museum.

Museum closes end of Ctober 2014 and Reopens Easter 2015 to end of October 2015 10:00-12:30 and 13:00-16:00.

Parking charges apply.