Royal Ulster Rifles Museum
How to get here:
5 Waring Street is close to the city centre in the Cathedral Quarter, behind the black steel railings of 9-13 Waring Street. Enter site using any of the footway gates, two with steps, to reach to the back of the shared car park. Railed outside RAMP to Museum. Museum Door STEP then 10cm. Library door STEP 10cm.
The museum houses an extensive collection of uniforms, badges, medals and regimental memorabilia covering the history of the Regiment.
Research can be carried out and is currently £28.00 per enquiry - payable IN ADVANCE. Cheques or postal orders should be made out to "RUR Museum".
There are several volunteer vacancies.
Royal Ulster Rifles, Royal Irish Rifles, 83rd (County of Dublin) Regiment of Foot, 83rd Regiment of Foot (Fitch's Grenadiers), 86th (Royal County Down) Regiment of Foot, 86th Regiment of Foot (Cuyler's Shropshire Volunteers). Period 1793 to 1968. Later modern stakeholders are Royal Irish Rangers 1968-1992 and Royal Irish Regiment 1992 onward.