Royal Dragoon Guards Museum - York Army Museum -
Other: Disabled access. Adjacent parking
How to get there:
The museum tells the story of the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards from 1685 when six Troops of Horse were raised for service under King James II and continues up to amalgamation with the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards to form the present Royal Dragoons Guards. It includes artefacts from all the antecedent regiments dating back to their formation in the 1680s. The regimental archive is held in the same building and may be viewed by appointment. The museum is located in the same building as that of the Prince of Wales's Own Regiment of Yorkshire and the Yorkshire Regiment.
Royal Dragoon Guards, 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards, 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards, 7th Dragoon Guards (Princess Royal’s), 7th (Princess Royal’s) Dragoon Guards, 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoons Guards, 5th Inniskilling Dragoon Guards, 5th/6th Dragoons, 5th Dragoon Guards (Princess Charlotte of Wales’s), 5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales’s) Dragoon Guards,5th Dragoon Guards, Inniskilling (6th Dragoons), 6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons, 6th (Enniskilling) Regiment of Dragoons, 6th or Inniskilling Regiment of Dragoons, 6th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Dragoons.
Tel: 01904 642036
Fax: 01904 642036