The Museum of the Manx Regiment forms part of the Manx Aviation and Military Museum. It covers the history of the 15th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, RA (TA) from 1938 to 1946 and its post-war successors.
The museum’s collections include objects, photographs and documents, many of which are on display. The objects include two Bofors 40mm shell cases which were fired on 3rd September 1939, this incident being the first time that shots were fired by the British forces in WW2. A very rare Morris-Commercial C9/B Self-propelled Bofors gun forms a centrepiece of the exhibition whilst a second Bofors gun acts as a gate guardian. The exhibitions follow the regiment from its being raised in the Isle of Man in 1938 through its wartime service in England, North Africa, Crete, Italy and North-west Europe. One battery of the regiment was captured at Crete and the exhibition includes a section on life in POW camps.