Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
How to get there:
The Soldiers of Oxfordshire is a new venture representing the County regiments of Oxfordshire. Principal amongst these is the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry which has a small but comprehensive collection of uniforms, weapons and other artefacts covering the period from its formation in 1741 to its amalgamation into the Royal Green Jackets in 1966. The collection is now owned by the Royal Green Jackets Museum Trust. The museum also houses the regimental collection of The Queen's Own Oxfordshire Hussars with militaria and archives covering the history of the regiment from its formation in about 1794 to the present day, through its different roles as Yeomanry, Artillery and Royal Signals. The collection is owned by the Oxfordshire Yeomanry Trust. The majority of the collections are in store pending re-location to new premises under the auspices of the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Trust (SOFO). Opening is anticipated in June 2014. The Trust has retained a small number of objects and the medal collection for display at the above address where visitors and researchers are welcome by appointment. The Trust also has an exhibition at the Oxfordshire Museum in Woodstock www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/theoxfordshiremuseum. The SOFO
Royal Green Jackets, Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, 43rd (Monmouthshire Light Infantry) Regiment of Foot, 43rd (or the Monmouthshire) Regiment of Foot (light Infantry), 43RD (or The Monmouthshire) Regiment of Foot, Colonel Fowke’s Regiment of Foot, 54th Foot (re-numbered 43rd of Foot), 52nd (Oxfordshire Light Infantry) Regiment, 52nd (Oxfordshire) Regiment of Foot, 52nd Regiment of Foot, 54th (Oxfordshire) Regiment of Foot (renumbered 52nd of Foot). The Queen’s Own Oxfordshire Hussars, Oxfordshire University OTC, Home Guard.
Tel: 01993 810210