Royal Leicestershire Regiment Museum
How to get there:
The regimental collection is displayed in dedicated galleries in the refurbished Newarke Houses Museum. It illustrates the history of the Regiment from 1688 to 1964 when it became part of what is now The Royal Anglian Regiment. Displays include uniforms, badges, medals, photographs and regimental memorabilia whilst addressing topics such as recruiting and Army life. A computer is available in the gallery for research into former soldiers, medals in the collection and their recipients and all regimental journals.
Royal Leicestershire Regiment, Leicestershire Regiment, 17th (or Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot, 17th Regiment of Foot, Colonel Richards' Regiment of Foot.
Tel: 0116 225 4980
Fax: 0116 225 4982